Friday, July 29, 2011

inner eye liner

inner eye liner
inner eye liner,
originally uploaded by painting faces.
Last summer, I wrote about lining the lower inside rim of your eye. This summer, I'm completely obsessed with lining the upper inside rim of my eyes to define my lashes without it actually appearing that I've taken to lining them.


Lining the upper inner rim with black or brown creates the illusion of fuller lashes. it makes a LINE without there being any visual evidence. When applying, I uses a standard black pencil - I've been loving the stuff by E.L.F. and NYC. Both brands are super cost effective, go on easily and stay! Especially if you are using the waterproof stuff.


Here's one trick, though. If your inner rims are moist, the liner won't stay. Lift your upper lid with one finger - I find it easiest to push up my brow with the non-applying hand. I use my applying hand, a free finger to gently drag across the rim and remove any access moisture. If you prefer, a tissue or cotton swab would also work fine.


Then, just as you would draw a line above your lashes, trace the eye pencil over the upper rim of your eye. Like I noted last year, eventually some of the color may shift. But the beauty of lining the rims of your eyes is that the color shifts outward...straight into your lash line! Creating the perfect, full lash illusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment